In 2019 and 2020, the Michael J. Fox Foundation and Acadia Pharmaceuticals Will Host a Series of Local Educational Events for Patients and Their Care Partners Around the Country
KINGSTON, N.J. (July 08, 2019) — Recently on June 25, 2019, the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) and ACADIA Pharmaceuticals announced a new initiative called “Parkinson’s IQ + You” that will bring education to communities across the U.S. in 2019 and 2020.
As per MJFF’s press release:
* Parkinson’s IQ + You will host live events that aim to support Parkinson’s families, empowering them in part by helping them more about the disease.
* Events include information about communication between patients and their comprehensive care team, news on PD treatments, and what’s in the pipeline/clinical studies.
* Events will be interactive with panel participants, including patients and their care partners.
* Each event will host a Parkinson’s Partner Expo of tailored resources to draw connections within the local community: healthcare providers from movement disorder centers, physical and speech therapists, clinical trial teams, and representatives from support and advocacy groups.
* The Expo brings together national Parkinson’s organizations to serve patients and families with in-person opportunities to learn the latest information on the disease, tools to optimize care, and ways to engage with the community.
* Parkinson’s IQ + You is enhanced by the contributions of the American Parkinson Disease Association, Caregiver Action Network, CurePSP, Inc., Davis Phinney Foundation for Parkinson’s, The Parkinson Alliance, Parkinson’s Foundation, and Parkinson’s Unity Walk, who will all be present during the Expo.
“Because it is a series of local events, Parkinson’s IQ + You will allow us to have face-to-face conversations with Parkinson’s disease patients and their care partners. This type of program is the most powerful way for our community to learn and connect. We are proud to be part of this program,” said Carol Walton, President & CEO of The Parkinson Alliance.
The event is designed to support Parkinson’s patients at every stage of the disease and their care partners. Early registration is encouraged to ensure your spot. Free registration includes complimentary breakfast and lunch. Visit michaeljfox.org/PDIQ and view upcoming dates and locations and view upcoming dates and locations. For more information, please read the press release issued by the Michael J. Fox Foundation.