At the Parkinson Alliance, we’re continually monitoring all local, state, and national updates regarding COVID-19 pandemic. The health and safety of our staff and the Parkinson’s community will always be our first concern. We know how vital Parkinson’s disease research is to you and we are working to keep moving forward.
We are providing this information hub as a way for us to communicate the steps we are taking through this unprecedented situation. Most importantly, we are hearing from you about much-needed Parkinson’s resources to help you during this time. Please check back on this webpage which we will continue to update as we hear from our fellow Parkinson’s disease organizations and partners about their work to help the Parkinson’s community navigate through this challenging situation.
If you have any questions that we have not covered here, please call (800) 579-8440.
Effective March 11, the 2020 Parkinson’s Unity Walk is postponed. We are energized and inspired by the response of our registered participants about the continued importance of research, and our online tools will remain active.
We know how vital Parkinson’s disease research is to you and we are working to keep our patient-centered research moving forward. Our newest patient-centered research on Urinary Symptoms and Parkinson’s Disease is now live on our website. Our current survey on Motor Symptoms and Perceived Well-Being in Parkinson’s Disease, will remain open until June 1.
The website for Team Parkinson at the 2020 Los Angeles Marathon & LA BIG 5K will remain open until April 30.
As we know more about our postponed spring events as well as our upcoming fall events, we will communicate updates on our website and emails to registered participants.
American Parkinson Disease Association (APDA)
– APDA’s Facebook LIVE Q&A about COVID-19 & PD: view the full video
Dance for PD is committed to supporting our global community and encouraging people living with Parkinson’s to keep dancing at home during a time when live classes may not be available.
Davis Phinney Foundation
– How to Practice Social Distancing Without Losing Your Connections
LSVT Global has made its resources available online including new FREE exercise classes, webinars, and more. Please visit https://bit.ly/39v8LKp to find out more information.
Jill M. Giordano Farmer, DO, MPH
– Parkinson’s Disease and COVID-19 YouTube video
Michael S. Okun, MD
– Tips for Exercise in Parkinson’s Disease During the COVID-19 Crisis
– YouTube Video: Experts Answer Your Top Coronavirus and Parkinson’s Questions
Parkinson & Movement Disorder Alliance (PMD)
– Live Stream Education, Support & Social Programs During Covid-19
Parkinson’s Life (A voice for the international Parkinson’s community)
– Coronavirus and Parkinson’s: what you need to know
Soania Marthur, MD
– YouTube Video: Covid19 and Parkinson’s Disease – What do I need to know?
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF)
– On March 19, the Foundation hosted its Third Thursdays Webinar topic, “Information on Coronavirus for the Parkinson’s Community.” Watch MJFF’s webinar on demand here.
– MJFF published a blog post, Ask the MD: Coronavirus and Parkinson’s, featuring world-renowned movement disorder specialist Dr. Susan Bressman of Mt. Sinai Medical Center in New York City, who shared what she is telling her own patients about COVID-19.
Events for the PD Community
5:Live – 5 minutes in your home virtually led exercise on Saturday, April 11th | 11am EDT | 10 am CDT | 8am PDT | 15 GMT Click here to register.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- New York City’s Department of Health
- New Jersey COVID-19 Information Hub
- World Health Organization (WHO)
This webpage was last updated on: March 30, 2020.